Sunday, April 17, 2011

Messy's 10th Birthday!

Owner Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) SG ⌚ 2:41 PM
Today is Messy's Birthday and we're bringing them to East Coast Park beach for picnic, build sand castles, blowing bubbles and playing with some fireworks together with my parents, my closest cousin, her family and 2 of our friends with their family. After that we'll go to MacDonald's for dinner. All the kids are so excited!
Usually we'll just had a simple celebration dinning out and a small cake for her at home on different days but this year Messy wanted something different, wanted more people to share the joy and fun together with her. 


On Friday (15th April) morning, I made her a surprised Birthday Cake bento and she was very happy!Party smile
Messy's Birthday Cake Bento.
The night before, I prepared another surprised food for her and it was Molded Chocolates!I bought a packet of dark and white cooking chocolates each few days ago, intending to try melting and molding into shapes I wanted after reading Tips on Bentolious Blog. It seems to be very easy but once I started doing it, it wasn't at all!
The first method I used was using microwave on a little bit of white chocolate I intended to add some red coloring to make it pink. That was successful but once I added the color, it turned slightly hard so fast!So I tried using another method, double boiling. This took SO LONG and when it started to melt, I noticed some dark yellow oil forming so I stirred it, but no matter how much and how long I stirred, it just won't mixed well, not smooth!
ARRGGH!I gave up and hurried pour into the molds as it was getting very late, around 4plus in the morning, I had to wake up early the next day to prepare other things for the celebration. No choice, I'll just had to leave it as it is... 

Although this is not successful but I'm already contented because Messy was very happy with all the surprises I gave her on this special day.
I'm still wondering why is my chocolate melting unsuccessful, where have I done wrong and did I missed out any important steps?

4 Foodies ➸:

bakeneko on Thu Apr 21, 07:25:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi, the choclate melts best slowly because the chocobutter and the rest will get into two texures if the heat is to high. So leave it in a bowl into a very warm waterbath and wait until all chocoltae is liquid, now you should stir it and the molding should work well.
But I think messy have had such a nice day because of you great ideas I think she would not think bad about this little accident ;-)

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Thu Apr 21, 07:42:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks so much bakeneko!
So does it means that I just leave the chocolates in a pot of boiling water without any flame on and cover the pot? Have you ever try using the microwave to melt chocolates? If yes, how long should I set the time?
Yes you're right! Messy told me it doesn't matter, as long as the chocolates are edible... haha... :P

bakeneko on Sat Apr 23, 10:35:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hello, oh yes I try it with the microwave that was the biggest fault I made ever. The heat was so high about 800 Watt and only 30 seconds later there was a burnig smell into my kitchen. I hurry to take it off but I was too late the chocobutter looked like a coal briquette.. haha so I will never try it you again.

Now I take a pot with 1/3 water und I put a bowl into it with the choclate. The water should not cook but it should steam, I think middle heat will be the best. First there won´t happen anything but if the point of melting will come it melts very fast. When it´s all liquid you can take it away from the heat and stir it well.

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sat Apr 23, 11:50:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

tks so much bakeneko!
will try again using your method :D
Have a nice wkends! ^.^

ShareThis

Popular Posts

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected
 

•••ʿᶬˠ ᶩᶤᵗᵗᶥᵋ ᵐᵋˢˢᵞ ᴻ ᶜʱᵋᵋᵏᵞʾ••• Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei | web hosting