Before I started on the recipe, let me share with you a Lunch Punch Giveaway from Alice (Angeleyes) of Bento Fun. Rules for participating are very simple so check it out in her blog if you're interested. Who knows, you may be the lucky winner... Of course I've already submitted mine！
Ok, now let's get down with the recipe.
|This may look burnt but it's not... The greaseproof paper prevent the chicken from being burned and makes the marinade caramelizes onto the chicken.|
Ingredients For 4-6 Pax :
- 500g Chicken Wings (About 10)
- 10 Pieces of Greaseproof paper (18cm x 18cm)
- Oil For Deep Frying
- 3 Tbsps Light Soya Sauce
- 3 Tbsps Oyster Sauce
- 2 Tbsps Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsps Chinese Cooking Wine (花雕酒)
- 1 Tbsp Cornflour
- 3 Tsps Sugar
- Dash of White Pepper
- Marinate chicken and leave in fridge for 3-4 hrs. Stir again during half the marinating time to make sure all parts are well marinated.
- Take a piece of greaseproof paper, place one wing in the middle. Fold paper over the wing diagonally to form a large triangle. Fold in both side corners towards the center, then fold down the top corner and tuck it in securely under the two corner folds. Make sure the packets are well sealed so that no oil will seeps in.
- Using medium heat, deep-fry the chicken wings about 6 at a time so as not to overcrowd the wok, stirring occasionally until packets turn golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot with rice.