Friday, May 27, 2011

Lovey Dovey Tortoise Couple Bento-Butter Fried Rice Recipe

Owner Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) SG ⌚ 12:28 AM
Finally I starts to make Bento again this Tuesday, 24th May after resting for about 2 weeks due to Messy's exams period but after this week maybe I'll be stopping again because Friday is the last day of school and it'll be the June long school holiday for Messy. :( Unless I make for Cheeky as there's no school holidays for the ChildCare Centres.  (She keep complaining that her sister is so good to have school holidays yet she doesn't) Next year she'll have it, I told her.
There were some left-over rice on Monday night so I told Messy I'd fried rice for her the next day. Actually I wanted to cook oyster sauce fried rice (I tried once which my mom-in-law taught me and it was so nice!) for her but I accidentally added too much butter while frying so decided to change at the very last minute. It turned out nice!
Cheeky's Butter Fried Rice Bento with Lovey Dovey Tortoise Couple
Messy's Butter Fried Rice Bento with Tortoise Fishcake and 2 Heart Sausages 
Closed up view of the Tortoise Fishcake
Now let me give a short, quick recipe on my Butter Fried Rice because I find that it has a very nice buttery taste and aroma.


    Ingredients for 2-4 Pax :
  • 2 Cups Cooked Rice (Preferably over-night rice so it won't be soggy when you fried it)
  • 2 Tbsps Light Soya Sauce
  • 4-6 Tbsps Butter (Depending on how buttery you prefer)
  • 3 Eggs Beaten (Lightly seasoned with Light Soya Sauce and a dash of white pepper)
  • 1/2 Small Bowl of Frozen Mixed Veggies
  • 4 Imitation Crabsticks (Sliced Thinly)
  • 1/2 Packet of Streaky Bacons (Cut into 1CM wide)
  • A dash of pepper to Taste
    How to Cook :
  1. Dry fried the streaky bacons on medium heat for about 1 min. Set aside on a plate with kitchen paper on it to absorb excess oil.
  2. Heat up the wok on low-medium heat, add 1 tbsp of butter and let it melt. Pour in beaten eggs and scramble a little once it started to set. 
  3. Pour cooked rice on top of scrambled eggs and add in 5 tbsps of butter, turn up the heat to medium-high and mixed all well.
  4. Add in mixed veggies, imitation crabsticks and bacons. Stir-fry 1 min, turn heat down to low, add light soya sauce, a dash of pepper and mixed all well.
This is my own version of Butter Fried Rice and both the girls love it!Hope you enjoy this too!:D

22 Foodies ➸:

Food Glorious Food! on Fri May 27, 01:19:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Cutest fried rice ever! Love it!

http://personalfoodjournal.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I am so thrilled looking at this.. and it looks so good too..its so much fun eating this..yay! to me this excellent..thumbs up!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Fri May 27, 02:50:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Food Glorious Food and Marelie! ^.^

adorasbox on Fri May 27, 03:03:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

This sounds so delicious, Lyn. Those bentos look so cte especially the one with the lovey dovey tortoise :)

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Fri May 27, 04:00:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Adora! :D
Me too prefer that one, actually wanted to do that for Messy but her Bento box is too narrow (she's always too lazy to bring a bigger box) to have another tortoise. That's alright, I can make 2 different designs! LOL

Nami | Just One Cookbook on Fri May 27, 06:25:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Lyn~~~ Your Tortoise look TOO CUTE! I like the heart shape on top. Isn't it too early for your girls? Just kidding. =P Yummy fried rice. I bet your girls finished them all!

Jeno on Fri May 27, 06:33:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Lyn, my little girl LOVES fried rice also, though I've not cooked it using butter before. She always tells me mine tastes good, but her Daddy definitely does a better job. What are the heart shaped sausages? Did you cut them to be that way or were they pre-made this way? So adorable!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Fri May 27, 03:31:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

@Nami-- Tks! You're right! I just made whatever that came to my mind! Maybe they'll think that I'm giving them the green light now??? LOL
Messy brought home her emptied lunch box, she even had a small plate for her breakfast b4 going to sch! :D Cheeky didn't finished her fried rice, left a little, maybe she had something more delicious in sch.. Hee..

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Fri May 27, 03:38:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Jeno! I love to learn your fried rice recipe too! :D
I cut the mini sausages slanted at 45 degrees angel and just over-turned one of the parts to make the heart. This is the easiest to make! Have fun trying, I'm sure your kids will love it! Hope to see your fried rice post soon! ^.^

PinayinTexas on Sat May 28, 12:44:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Another wonderful creation, Lyn! Love it! ♥♥♥ You did the hearts and tortoise couple really good!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sat May 28, 12:48:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Tina! You never fail to leave me sweet compliments! :D

Cooking Gallery on Sat May 28, 02:25:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

The fried rice looks and sounds very yummy...! I just had fried rice myself before ;). I love the tortoise fishcake, you're so lucky that you can bus animal-shaped fishcakes there...!!

Btw, I have some awards for you, please pick them up when you do have the time :).

Cooking Gallery on Sat May 28, 02:25:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Upps...I meant 'buy' not 'bus' ;).

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sat May 28, 04:20:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks CG! Actually this fried rice supposed to be oneof your fried rice recipe with oyster sauce but I accidentally added too much butter, so ended up with butter fried rice instead.. LOL
Sometimes I do wished I could get the plain ones! This is Humans huh...? LOL
Tks so much for the awards CG! I'm really honored and greatly appreciated that you passed to me! TKS! :D

Teddy Bento on Sat May 28, 02:59:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Lyn ,
like the tortoise fish cake so much and your fried rice makes me hungry!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sat May 28, 09:53:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Teddy Bento! The moment I saw these tortoise fishcakes, I hurried grabbed a pkt! :D

Little Corner of Mine on Mon May 30, 12:12:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Your bento is so cute! Love the turle and heart!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Mon May 30, 12:41:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Little Corner of Mine! Tks for your kind comment! :D
Have a great day! ^.^

Kath (My Funny Little Life) on Mon May 30, 07:04:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww, this is so cute! :)

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Mon May 30, 08:37:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Kath! Tks for your kind comment! :D
So glad that you found my blog and this gave me a chance to get to know about yours too! Nice to know you! :)

Lia on Fri Jun 10, 02:44:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

hallo, greetings from bento mania

like your lovey dovey tortoises.. looks so adorable, i just wondering, where can I get those fisch cake in germany.
love all your bento creations.

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Fri Jun 10, 08:57:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks rustka! Nice to know you! :D
Actually those shaped fishcakes I bought them in wet market here in Singapore. I'm so sorry and feel bad that I couldn't help you coz if I'm not wrong, you're only able to find those plain kamaboko in Germany whereas it's not easy to find them here. The star and panda bear shapes are the most common, I was lucky that day to get the tortoises as the stocks don't come in constantly.

ShareThis

Popular Posts

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected
 

•••ʿᶬˠ ᶩᶤᵗᵗᶥᵋ ᵐᵋˢˢᵞ ᴻ ᶜʱᵋᵋᵏᵞʾ••• Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei | web hosting