Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fried Udon Bento

Owner Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) SG ⌚ 3:33 AM
On Thursday, 21st April, Messy is craving for one of her favourite fried Udon. It's been 1-2 months since I last cooked this. Hmm... I find Messy's likings in food somehow are slightly different from most of the kiddos. For my info, all the kids and most adults I've known don't like Udon as it is tasteless and you really have to add lots of seasonings and strong flavoured ingredients to make it delicious but still they won't like it. Haha...
I just add any ingredients Messy likes, light soy sauce and mirin when frying Udon. She like it so much and will have it for her breakfast, recess break-time in school and after school when she reach home. :D
Messy's Fried Udon Bento.
Enlarged view of the quail egg flowers. 
These quail eggs are molded using flower shaped cookies cutters. I learned it from one of the Bento Mamas in Facebook. Here are the steps :
  1. Boil the quail eggs and peel them while still hot.
  2. Use a small cookies cutter (those metal types with deeper hollows) with the cutting part facing downwards. 
  3. Put in one quail egg, press on it gently with your thumb or the back of a blunt plastic utensil for about 2-3mins or as long as you like. 
  4. Now you have an egg flower w/o a mold!
  5. Pop it in the fridge until it is completely cooled and done!
Easy uhh... Have fun trying this out and you can use other shapes!;)
This is cooked on 18th Feb 2011. 
Cheeky's Fried Ee-Mee Bento on 18th Feb 2011.

9 Foodies ➸:

Teddy Bento on Sat Apr 23, 08:44:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Cute and sweet !!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sat Apr 23, 11:53:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Teddy Bento! :D

PinayinTexas on Tue Apr 26, 06:56:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tnx for dropping by my Pinay in Texas Cooking Corner! Now I know where I can get good bento ideas! I'm your newest follower!

Angeleyes on Tue Apr 26, 10:09:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

I like fried udon too and used to cook that a lot when I was staying in SG! Maybe I should get some and cook for my kids too since they love noodles!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Tue Apr 26, 05:32:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

@ Tina: Tks for dropping by and your support! :D
You can get more and nicer, cuter ideas from those Blogs I ♥ ^.*
I'll leave u a comment after I try out your recipe for the steamed egg :)

@ Angeleyes: Tks for stopping by!:D
I'll be staying tune for your Udon bento! ^.^

Lia Chen on Tue Apr 26, 06:13:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Love your great bento making for your girls! The egg quail flowers are so cute :)

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Tue Apr 26, 09:58:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Lia for your sweet and encouragement comment! :D
I still have a lot to learn from you!☺

Cooking Gallery on Thu Apr 28, 03:52:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

I love udon noodles...! I have been thinking of adding udon in my bento too :). Thank you for always leaving sweet comments in my blog and liking my Facebook :D)!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Thu Apr 28, 07:08:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

@CG: You're most welcome :)
I love all your creations and recipes that you shared! Hope to see your Udon bento soon!
Have a great day! :D

ShareThis

Popular Posts

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected
 

•••ʿᶬˠ ᶩᶤᵗᵗᶥᵋ ᵐᵋˢˢᵞ ᴻ ᶜʱᵋᵋᵏᵞʾ••• Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei | web hosting