Saturday, March 12, 2011

My 1st Bentos

Owner Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) SG ⌚ 5:52 PM
I made my very 1st bento on 27th Jan 2011. I woke up very early at 530am to prepare and cook what I had learned from YouTube - Tamagoyaki and Octodogs. Also the 'girl' design sandwich from Susan Yuen, the most famous Bento Cookbook author in Hawaii.
As I couldn't find the rectangle pan for cooking tamago, I just went ahead using the normal round non-stick pan. As for the seasoning in Tamagoyaki, I just used what I can find in mom's kitchen (we're staying with my parents currently and waiting for our new flat) and also using the most simple recipe found online because I still can't get what's mirin and dashi for at that time! Anyway it still turned out nice! 
Messy was so happy to see her sandwich bento so 'nicely & beautifully' decorated for the first time but at the same time she was getting anxious because she's going to be late for school! We rushed through doing the last decoration for the other 'tanned' girl made by Messy and I hurried sent her to school. I took the pic in the car while we were waiting for the car to warm up... Luckily she was just in time for school. *pheeew*
This is also the FIRST TIME Messy didn't nagged/complained about not leaving the house before 7am because I can tell from her facial expression : "mommy send me to school today!" & "mommy make me a special lunchbox today!
 
Messy's 1st sandwich bento with mixed veg salad & a heart-shaped Tamagoyaki.



 After sending Messy to school, I went back home to continue with Cheeky's bento. Although she's in ChildCare Ctr, there are food for her provided but she also wanted a special lunchbox.
Cheeky's 1st sandwich bento with 2 Octodogs & a heart-shaped Tamagoyaki.
 As I had more time to prepare for Cheeky, hers was more nicely done than Messy's. I'm slow in doing things when it comes to decorations, so I told myself : "I must get up much more earlier to prepare!" which I know that I sure cannot make it! So from then on I'll stay up throughout the night if I were to prepare bentos for them... Lucky I only have to prepare for them when Messy needs to stay back in school for extra activities which is 2-3 days per week or when I feel like doing if not I'll become panda bear very soon!

2 Foodies ➸:

Tiffany Yang on Fri Mar 18, 02:16:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

hahaha...panda mama could be cute too!
Messy and Cheeky must be so proud to open their lunch boxes that day :D

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sat Mar 19, 03:40:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

yea,few of Messy's friends are so envious of her coz their moms are not free to prepare anything for them.(sad to hear that) I told messy that i'm able to prepare a set if they want but Messy's LAZY to bring!=_=
As for Cheeky, she shared some with her gd friends :)

ShareThis

Popular Posts

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected
 

•••ʿᶬˠ ᶩᶤᵗᵗᶥᵋ ᵐᵋˢˢᵞ ᴻ ᶜʱᵋᵋᵏᵞʾ••• Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei | web hosting