This is my 1st attempt cooking Bibimbap when I saw NTUC supermarket promoting their new products on Korean chilli sauce, marinating sauces, instant Rice Cakes (Ddukbokkie), Starch Noodles (Japchae) or what we call glass noodles or Dong Fen (东粉） in Singapore and they did come with some brochures of recipes. As a big fan of Korean and Japanese food, I happily read thru all the recipes listed on the brochure, took one a tub of chilli sauce and a small bottle of Bulgogi Marinade (non-spicy) and bought all the ingredients needed. As there are no instructions on what seasonings to add in all the vegetables, I just added little salt to taste.
|My Korean Mixed Rice recipe from the brochure.|
Ingredients For One Serving :
- Bean Sprouts - 30g
- Carrots - 30g
- Zucchini - 30g
- Spinach - 30g
- Shiitake Mushrooms - 20g
- Minced Pork/Beef/Chicken Meat - 50g
- Bulgogi Sauce for marinating meat - 2 Tbsps
- 1 Bowl of Cooked Short-grain Rice
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste (Optional)
- Little Water
- Little Cornflour
- Korean Chilli Sauce (Optional) - 1 Tbsp
- Marinate meat with Bulgogi Sauce (or any other of your favourite sauce/seasonings) and put in fridge covered for half hr.
- Cut all vegetables into strips.
- Stir fry all vegetables separately using little oil, add little salt to taste, set aside.
- Add in cornflour to meat and mix well. Pan fried meat with little oil until almost cooked, add another 2 tbsps of Bulgogi Sauce, pepper to taste (optional) and little water. Stir well until meat all done.
- Use a SUPER BIG bowl (for easy mixing when served) to contain cooked short-grain rice and arrange all the vegetables on top of rice in a circle.
- Place the meat in the middle of all vegetables and topped with the chilli sauce (optional).
- Mixed all well and serve！
|Pan fried marinated minced pork|
|Bulgogi Marinade for the meat|
|The tub of Korean chilli sauce I bought|
Will be updating with other recipes soon.