Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bibimbap (Korean Mixed Rice with Vegetables) Recipe

Owner Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) SG ⌚ 1:51 PM
This is my 1st attempt cooking Bibimbap when I saw NTUC supermarket promoting their new products on Korean chilli sauce, marinating sauces, instant Rice Cakes (Ddukbokkie), Starch Noodles (Japchae) or what we call glass noodles or Dong Fen (东粉) in Singapore and they did come with some brochures of recipes. As a big fan of Korean and Japanese food, I happily read thru all the recipes listed on the brochure, took one a tub of chilli sauce and a small bottle of Bulgogi Marinade (non-spicy) and bought all the ingredients needed. As there are no instructions on what seasonings to add in all the vegetables, I just added little salt to taste.  
My Korean Mixed Rice recipe from the brochure.


    Ingredients For One Serving :
  • Bean Sprouts - 30g
  • Carrots - 30g
  • Zucchini - 30g
  • Spinach - 30g
  • Shiitake Mushrooms - 20g
  • Minced Pork/Beef/Chicken Meat - 50g
  • Bulgogi Sauce for marinating meat - 2 Tbsps
  • 1 Bowl of Cooked Short-grain Rice
  • Salt to Taste
  • Pepper to Taste (Optional)
  • Little Water
  • Little Cornflour
  • Korean Chilli Sauce (Optional) - 1 Tbsp
    How To Cook : 
  1. Marinate meat with Bulgogi Sauce (or any other of your favourite sauce/seasonings) and put in fridge covered for half hr.
  2. Cut all vegetables into strips.
  3. Stir fry all vegetables separately using little oil, add little salt to taste, set aside.
  4. Add in cornflour to meat and mix well. Pan fried meat with little oil until almost cooked, add another 2 tbsps of Bulgogi Sauce, pepper to taste (optional) and little water. Stir well until meat all done.
  5. Use a SUPER BIG bowl (for easy mixing when served) to contain cooked short-grain rice and arrange all the vegetables on top of rice in a circle.
  6. Place the meat in the middle of all vegetables and topped with the chilli sauce (optional).
  7. Mixed all well and serve!
Alternatively, you can click HERE for an authentic recipe from Cooking Korean Food with Maangchi. I found this website last few days ago and I'm going to try the recipe soon!

Pan fried marinated minced pork










 
Bulgogi Marinade for the meat
The tub of Korean chilli sauce I bought
Messy and Cheeky LOVE the marinated minced pork so much and requested to have it again!As promised, I cooked the meat again the next week and was with sliced red onions, another of their favourites. Cheeky had her 2nd helpings of rice (about 1 small bowl) that night for dinner which is rarely seen unless she's too hungry (not very often either). I was happy to see her eating more than usual.

Will be updating with other recipes soon. :)

19 Foodies ➸:

Bunda zahraa on Thu Mar 31, 01:57:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

awesome!!! :D those veggies look so fresh. i cooked this menu too, but you did it better. love this!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Thu Mar 31, 05:41:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

tks zahraa :)

Dreams of cakes on Tue Apr 05, 10:10:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

What a colorful dish this is! Very Good! Thanks for sharing.

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Wed Apr 06, 12:07:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Eftychia :)

yummylittlecooks on Fri May 06, 08:25:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi, thanks for dropping by my blog.I love korean food and for bibimbap, they are so delicious!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Fri May 06, 09:53:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi yummylittlecooks, tks for following my blog too! :D
Have a great weekends! :D

KEcker on Wed May 11, 11:54:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Lyn,

Your Bibimbap looks so good! I also like Maangchi's videos. That's where I got the base for my KimChi recipe. Glad to have become "friends" from FoodBuzz :o)

By the way, my husband and I Honeymooned in Singapore 10 years ago!

Kay

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Thu May 12, 01:07:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks KEcker! Happy to know U too! I love all of Maangchi's recipes and find hers is the best Korean Food Blog that I can find! Actually I'm seldom at Foodbuzz. I signed up outta curiosity but glad I did that, if not I won't be able to find so many interesting food blogs including yours! :D
So how U find the food here in Singapore 10yrs back? Although I've never been to Japan or Korea, I still love the food so much! Haha..

KEcker on Thu May 12, 07:03:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Lyn, I just starting blogging a month ago and also just joined FoodBuzz, so I'm just learning everything new too!

We loved the food in Singapore!! I especially liked the Hainan Chicken Rice, I still crave that after ten years...lol I live in Los Angeles now and it's hard to get a good one. I also liked the Chili Crab that we had at a restaurant right on the water and the Indian food!

The only bad meal we had was at the Raffles Afternoon Tea. I was so disappointed with that, I thought it was going to be so good with dim sum & tea sandwiches:o(

I could go on and on with memories of Singapore, it was such a memorable experience! We got to go to the zoo in the evening when all the animals were still awake too.

Hope to keep in touch!

Kay

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Thu May 12, 09:17:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Yes! SG is most famous for its Hainanese Chicken rice! It's so common now that U can find it almost everywhere U go but there aren't many really gd ones :(
My dad can cook very nice Chicken Rice, maybe I shall ask him for the recipe and post it here! :D
As for Chilli crabs I like the one at Jumbo Seafood Restaurant (East Coast Park) and a coffeeshop at Ang Mo Kio.
Both me and my hubby love the Indian Food at an Indian Restaurant located somewhere at Little India! We used to always eat there (now seldom as I cook almost everyday) whenever we were near that area or even just passing by! Provided U're able to stand the super strong 'Indian coconut oil smell' (so sorry if offended) coz majorities are Indians customers and everytime we eat there, all of them will look at us as if we're aliens moreover my hubby will use hands to eat coz it's more tasty according to him.. LOL
I don't like going to the zoo coz it's very smelly and the weather is too humid here. Now I'm waiting for all the rides to be officially ready in Universal Studio at Sentosa then I wanna bring my girls there :)
It's so nice to chat with U. Have a great wkends and stay in touch! Cheers! ^.*

adorasbox on Tue Jul 12, 01:05:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

This just looks wonderful, Lyn. I just love the spicy taste of Korean food. You've made a very nice bibimbap.

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Wed Jul 13, 03:35:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Adora! :D
Bibimbap is my favorite among all Korean dishes and both my girls love this when I cooked it for the first time. Now they'll always request for it. :)

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny on Thu Jul 14, 12:46:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

This looks fantastic! :)

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sat Jul 16, 04:13:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Kelly! ^.^

Mommalina on Wed Oct 12, 06:10:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Owh this looks soooo yummyyyyy!!! will make it sometimes in the future ^__^

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Wed Oct 12, 06:24:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

@Lina Gladman Tks Lina and hope you and your family would like this non-authentic bibimbap recipe of mine. ;)
Have a great week!

Spoon and Chopsticks on Tue Oct 18, 03:46:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks awesome. Bibimbap is one of my favourite Korean dish. I've never attempted it at home. Thanks for sharing.

----------------------------
Regards
Spoon and Chopsticks
http://spoon-and-chopsticks.blogspot.com

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Tue Oct 18, 06:45:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

@Spoon and Chopsticks Tks for your lovely comment, SC! ;D
Hope you like this bibimbap recipe and you could just add any of your favorite ingredients instead of following mine. Have a wonderful day! ;)

dailyupdate on Fri Jul 05, 08:03:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

This blog is really great.Thank you.
গরমের সবজি
অ্যালার্জি প্রতিরোধ

ShareThis

Popular Posts

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected
 

•••ʿᶬˠ ᶩᶤᵗᵗᶥᵋ ᵐᵋˢˢᵞ ᴻ ᶜʱᵋᵋᵏᵞʾ••• Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei | web hosting