Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Lil Messy&Cheeky Blog's New Style+Me Myself & I+Award!

Owner Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) SG ⌚ 5:52 AM
Hi and Hello all my dearest friends here!It's been 10 days since my last post!I'm so sorry to take such a long 'vacation' away and I missed all of you!I'm so happy and touched that some of you specially hopped over during my absence to say 'HI' in my Mailbox  on the left-sidebar! THANK YOU KATH, TINA, CINDY, NAMI & LANI I TRULY APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR LITTLE CARES AND CONCERNS, THEY REALLY WARMTH MY HEART  
I believed most of you had already noticed the big changes in my blog. This is the reason why I haven't been posting lately. I spent all my time searching, browsing and deciding on the template I wanted to use. Next was figuring out and asking for helps on how to reconfigure default fonts, sizes and colors to those cute different ones that I'm having now. Although it's not easy (I'm not seeing stars but alphabet+numbers for the past 1 week!) and can be quite frustrating sometimes when I couldn't get what I wanted but after accomplishment, I can't help feeling a great sense of satisfaction and proud of myself. 
In my last post, I did promised to write 7 things about myself that all of you do not know in my next post which will be this post. So, after reading this post, you'll get to know much more than just a simple SAHM who needs to stay up for the night(???) just to make Bentos for her two girls!Sounds crazy right!LOL 
Before I go on with the 7 or more things about me, I wanted to thank Manuela of Manu's Menu for passing on the Versatile Blogger Award to me on 9th June 2011. Thank you very much Manu!Thank you for this award and I'm so honored to receive it from you!Thank you for being such a supportive and encouraging friend from the very first day I know youI totally agreed with what Paolo of Quantro Fromaggio had mentioned: "You are the true binding force that unites half a world of bloggers"I feel so blessed to have known you!Thank you very much Manu



Now, here are the 7 or more things about me:
  1. I have 2 siblings, an older brother, a younger sister and I'm in the middle. 
  2. My brother is 1min older than me and my sister is 2 years younger than me. 1min older than me? YES, YOU'RE RIGHT!We're twins!So unbelievable right? Indeed it is... because we're fraternal twin. I remember when we were in our teens, others mistaken us as a couple whenever we went out together!In fact, my mom is the elder twin herself (runs in our family)!But too sad my aunt couldn't survived thru her 3rd mth due to severe diarrhea.
  3. I used to be very shy and quiet when I was young but as I grows older, I become more and more talkative!LOL 
  4. I'm 33 this year (Gosh!I'm so old now!) but sometimes people thought I'm still a college student due to my petite size and of course I'm flattered!LOL 
  5. I have a very very weird bad habit and that is... I can't go out and come home empty-handed!Even when I'm only supposed to buy newspaper for my dad or don't have the intention to buy anything!
  6. I used to be a superb shopaoholic and my longest record was 10hrs non-stop in a day, monthly with my best friend of 20years!Now I only shop when necessary.   
  7. The farthest countries I've ever been to are Hong Kong in 1999 and Shenzhen, China in 2006 with my husband. The longest holiday trip I've had was an 8-days driving journey to Cameron Highlands, Genting Highlands, Kuala Lumpur and Malacca which are all parts of Malaysia with my family and my Aunt, our tour-guide who is so familiar with the country due to her frequent trips there in 2010. 
  8. The next few countries I would love to go to are Vancouver BC. Canada, (my Primary one best friend since Day 1 in school migrated when we were 11yrs old and we really missed each other so much!) Japan, Korea, Taiwan, (I LOVE the foods in these countries!) and hopefully the whole worldwide
Hope you enjoy reading this "Getting to know me better" list and won't be bored to death by my superb long post. 

24 Foodies ➸:

Jeno on Sun Jun 12, 06:12:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the new layout Lyn! Can't wait to see more posting. Have a good weekend, it's steaming hot here at Houston so we are hiding in our house until evening time, hope the weather there is less brutal!

Cooking Gallery on Sun Jun 12, 06:50:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the cute fonts and it's great to know more about you...:)! I would never expect that you're a twin and your mum too, how interesting :D)!!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sun Jun 12, 08:08:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Jeno! :D
The weather here is no much difference from Houston I bet! It's still very humid even after a downpour! :(
Enjoy your weekend too! I've been waiting fot your next posting too! ^.^

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sun Jun 12, 08:16:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks CG! Yes, you're right, so unexpected coz fraternal twins are very rare, nobody knows it if I didn't say out and I'm also surprised to know a pair of fraternal twin among my friends who are 2 years older.
Have a great weekend! :)

ann low on Mon Jun 13, 05:49:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

It's great to know better.
Happy Blogging :)

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Mon Jun 13, 07:14:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Anncoo! Happy Blogging too! :D

PinayinTexas on Tue Jun 14, 10:03:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

We haven't got the chance to chat again, so I'm glad to know more about you through this post, Lyn!
Btw, great job on the new layout! I like the new color combination!

KEcker on Tue Jun 14, 03:37:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Lyn!

Your new layout looks great! I know how much time it takes because I'm trying to move my site to Wordpress...ugh!!

That's so cute that you are a twin! My husband's dad is a twin and his brother has twin boys!!

Too funny that you were shy as a kid, hard to believe because you are so friendly and outgoing now. I too was very shy as a child. I guess we all out grow it.

Thanks for sharing your personal life with all :-)

Kay

Nami | Just One Cookbook on Wed Jun 15, 05:01:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Lyn! I love your new look! Lots of cute icons here and there. I really enjoyed reading more about you. 10 hour shopping is true Asian gene Lyn!! Haha. You can buy so many things (including food) in Asia that it's true that I used to bring something home all the time. I think "walking" distance to shops makes us shop even more. Keep up the good work Lyn! We missed you!!!

Kath (My Funny Little Life) on Thu Jun 16, 08:29:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Not bored at all! In fact, I always love to learn more about the people behind their blogs! :)

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Thu Jun 16, 09:19:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi ladies! I'm so sorry for my super late reply ☹

@Tina- Tks Tina! I really missed chatting with you and was glad we did managed to chat earlier on even though it's just for awhile! I planned to add a new Page on more "about me" when I'm done with those postings still in my drafts(as always... think they enjoy 'sleeping' in there more huh!? LOL) Hope you and your girls enjoyed your swimming! Catch up with you soon! :D ❤

@Kay- Tks Kay! Oh! You're moving your site too! I'm looking forward to yours and I'm sure it'll turn out great! Actually I did considered
moving to WP coz I prefer its comment box with those smileys(♥ em!) and reply function but was lazy to learn on how to use another new site again as I'm already so used to blogger now. Hee.. :P
Woo! Cool! Now I know another 2 sets of twins! xD
Well, I started becoming more talkative after I had Messy, more common topics to talk about and never ending! I'm still very bad and lousy when it comes to small talks, also depends on the 'clicking or not' thingy. LoL

@Nami- Tks Nami! Glad that you enjoyed reading this post! ☺
Yay true Asian gene indeed but good in a way(saves money!) that I don't shop for so many hrs now, I'm getting old and has got new interesting hobbies that let me have the blessings to know great friends like all of you here! ^.^
Take care and have a great day! See you ladies around soon! ❤❤❤

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Thu Jun 16, 09:32:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Kath! Tks and glad you're not bored too! Hee... :P
I'm so sorry that I didn't get to visit your blog on your latest few posts as I'm busy with the girls, hunting for cheaper items needed for our new house and my hubby's newly found interest--catching prawns! Actually we just came back about 1-2hrs ago and was about to go to my 'lala' land after replying to Tina, Kay and Nami.. then I saw your comment! :D
I'll try to visit asap and catch up with you again! ☺
On my way to 'LaLa' Land now... zZzz... see you ladies later! *hugs* ^.^

Journal Mommy Yenny on Thu Jun 16, 06:03:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

hi Lyn, so surprised to know you have a twin brother! That's so cool... You are in the same position with Luna, my daughter whom has twin brother with Jovann. They were born by 2 minutes away.

Kath (My Funny Little Life) on Fri Jun 17, 05:02:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

No stress. I don't expect you to comment on every post, and my blog won't run away. :)

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Fri Jun 17, 05:52:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Yenny! Tks for coming over and I'm happy to see you here! :D
Yeah I did read about your kids sometime back when I visited your blog but don't really understand some of the words as they're not auto-translated like the rest. :(
It's so tedious looking after twin right! So actually I was somehow relieved that I didn't have any twins if not I'll go crazy for sure! LOL
Lucky that now they're older and you can be more relax.. :)

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Fri Jun 17, 05:55:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Kath! Tks for your understanding sweetie and yup, your blog definitely won't run away coz we're having so much fun! :D

Teddy Bento on Fri Jun 17, 03:00:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

哇!更了解你了!I love to go Japan too !! I only been there once.

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Fri Jun 17, 03:32:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Teddy Bento! 好久没见囖!近来好吧?:)
Once to Japan already means a lot to me! LOL
So how's your trip to Japan? Fun? Must be! How I wish I could fly over now! hahaha

adorasbox on Sat Jun 18, 12:49:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

It's so nice to know you better, Lyn. You have a twin, how cool! Thanks for always stopping by to visit me. I'm always happy to read your comments.

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sat Jun 18, 03:45:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Adora! You're always welcome! :D
I'm happy to see you here too! Tks! ^.^

Manuela on Sat Jun 18, 07:33:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

What a cute template Lyn!!! I LOVE it!!!! You can surely be proud of yourself for doing all that, I know it is hard work!!! Also, thank you so much for the sweet words you said about me! <3 You are such a supportive friend! :-)))
I loved reading about you and getting to know you better! We are the same age... I too am 33 (I was born in 1978)!
Have a great day!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sun Jun 19, 12:04:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Manu and you're most welcome! It's the fact that I'm writing about you and I'm sure everyone here agrees with me! :D
You're always so encouraging and makes me having more confident in myself! Esp. for a noob like me in this blogging world! :D
YES! I'm born in 1978! I'm in Sept, how about you?
Hope you have a wonderful weekend! ^.^

Biren on Tue Jun 21, 11:36:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Updating the blog is a very time consuming process. You did a great job! Nice to get to know you better. You do look very youthful :)

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Tue Jun 21, 01:27:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Biren! Tks for your sweet comments and compliments! *blushing*
So glad to see you here! :D
Hope you had a wonderful weekend! ^.^

ShareThis

Popular Posts

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected
 

•••ʿᶬˠ ᶩᶤᵗᵗᶥᵋ ᵐᵋˢˢᵞ ᴻ ᶜʱᵋᵋᵏᵞʾ••• Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei | web hosting