Friday, June 24, 2011

French Toast + Mashed Potato Bentos

Owner Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) SG ⌚ 4:34 PM
Oh... how I missed making Bentos for the girls but I'm gonna start soon again next week after the long school holidays for Messy!Yay!Yay!YippieYippie
So for the time being I'll share with you those Bentos that I'd made previously before I started my blog. :D
French Toast Bento for Cheeky on 26th May
For this, I added milk to the eggs and it tasted SO MUCH more delicious !Just like eating Egg/Custard Tarts
I used my new Leaf Picks for the quail eggs and new Food Cup that comes with a cute Lil Chick Pick to put the scrambled egg in that were left-over from dipping the breads in
Messy's French Toast topped with cheese+honey syrup Bento with Mashed Potato with salad cream+Bacon Bits on 21st Feb
As for this, I didn't add milk to the eggs and it was not as tasty
Cheeky's French Toast Bento on 21st Feb
As she don't like the taste of salad cream coz it's sour, so I drizzled a little honey syrup on her mashed.
Cheeky's Hello Kitty Plain Mashed Potato Bento on 28th Feb
Actually I wanted to make 2 Hello Kitty mashed but it was so difficult to mold it out so the other one I just made into a ball
 Mom's Mashed Potato+Bacon Bits Bento lunch on 28th Feb
I "scraped" them using fork and it turned out looking like 'fireworks' to me 
Both my girls and Mom LOVE mashed potato a lot and I used to buy for them from KFC frequently but not now anymore because Messy is growing sideways too much!:eek:
I'm still searching and googling on how to make the sauce for mashed potato similar to or like those served in KFCs with no luck. :( Do any of you knows any recipe for the sauce? I'll be greatly appreciated if you do and share with me!

25 Foodies ➸:

Manuela on Fri Jun 24, 06:15:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

What lovely bentos Lyn! I can imagine the face of your little ones when they saw them!!! Such a great idea!!!!

adorasbox on Fri Jun 24, 07:27:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Cute and yummy bentos, Lyn. I think I'd much prefer those sweet French toast bentos to savoury ones. Lucky little girls.

☺lani☺ on Fri Jun 24, 07:28:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow Lyn, great collection of yours! Love them all especially with notebook background. I haven't started my bento yet here in the Philippines but I still have Bentos I made in Taiwan plus Food Tour Boxed Meal im some places :) Happy Weekend!

yummylittlecooks on Fri Jun 24, 11:35:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, so beautiful, I like the quail eggs, looks like cherries...your girls were so lucky..

Mommalina on Sat Jun 25, 01:21:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Your pictures are very inspiring!! Thanks for sharing ^__^ have a great weekend!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sat Jun 25, 03:24:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Manu! You never fail to brighten up my days with your sweet comments! :D
Maybe you can also consider making some simple cute bentos for your girls and I'm sure they'll be so happy! ^.^

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sat Jun 25, 03:33:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Adora! :D
We all feel that they're so lucky but sometimes they just don't realize it so I'll tell them "Let's swap then!" That really works and they'll stop complaining! LOL xD

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sat Jun 25, 03:39:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Lani! :D
I love the background too! I edited them using iPhone's application-imikimi :)
I bet you must be busy unpacking and have so much to chat with your family! Feel so happy for you! :D
I'm looking forward to your postings again but this time I'll get to see and learn more about the Philippines food! Great! ^.^

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sat Jun 25, 03:43:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks for your sweet compliments Cindy!:D
Me too like those cherry-like-quails ^.^
Btw, I love all your recipes and you really can cook very well and know so many different dishes! :D

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sat Jun 25, 03:45:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Lina! :D
Hope you're enjoying your summer vacation! Looking forward to your picnic bento posts! ^.^

Kath (My Funny Little Life) on Sun Jun 26, 08:22:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hm, I'm not familiar with KFC because we don't have it in Germany so much (at all? I've never noticed it consciously), and I don't like fast food. Your bentos are cute as always! :)

Nami | Just One Cookbook on Sun Jun 26, 12:45:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

You are creative making mashed potato looks like fireworks! Your girls are so lucky getting star shape and heart shape bento!!! These girls are loved by mommy...very very much! They are lucky girls, Lyn! Well you are lucky to have cute girls like them too. ;-) Good luck with bento making again!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sun Jun 26, 06:41:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Kath! :D
That's ok, no worries at all :) Maybe I could just 'invent' my own sauce and maybe it turns out better than KFC's? Hah! Just kidding! As if I really can! :P
Hope you had a wonderful weekend! ^.^

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sun Jun 26, 06:49:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Nami! Your comments always make me smile :D
Actually I didn't planned to or expected it to look like fireworks. Just that I was holding a fork and a spoon at that moment and don't want the mashed to be so dull, plain looking. Hee..
You too are lucky to have a smart-looking boy and a sweetie pie girl! :D
I really would love it if we could meet up together with the kids! ^.^
I bet you and your family are enjoying your relaxing Sunday now! :)

Cooking Gallery on Sun Jun 26, 11:54:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

How wonderful, bento time again...:D)!! I can't wait to see more of your bento creations :). And thank you for letting me know that the prize from CasaBento has arrived, I hope you like it :).

I like KFC too, but I am glad that I don't have it nearby, or I'll visit it too often ;). I like the coleslaw there and of course, the fried chicken...:D)!!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Mon Jun 27, 01:27:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Precisely CG! I'm sure you must know how excited I am to start bento-ing again after so LOOONG vacation! LOL :P
Yes! We love the prizes! Tks CG! ^.^
I love KFC too (there's one here near my mom's house which takes only less than 5mins walk!) and I used to always called for their delivery whenever I'm lazy to cook or go out! Now not so frequent already coz Messy is putting on too much! I like the crispy ones coz I find the original slightly too salty. As for the coleslaw, I still prefer and missed those they served about 25+years back whereby they had 2 different types-coleslaw and salad(with green peas, potato?) but I know in different countries, they serve different side-dishes. Like in Malaysia, they've rice with the chicken parts, a small cob of sweetcorn and in Indonesia, they've chowder soup and rice too if I'm not wrong(that was about 20+years back when I went to Bali on company trip) but not sure if it's still the same now.
Happy bento-ing and blogging! ^.^

Sandra on Mon Jun 27, 06:13:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

This is really really cute..I love every idea here that you posted.
I think that my daughter would love Cheeky's Hello Kitty Plain Mashed Potato Bento..it is so adorable!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!!

PinayinTexas on Wed Jun 29, 02:06:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Love all the bentos, Lyn! I really wish I could find time to make bentos for Clarise and Cherlin too! Cheeky & Messy are so lucky!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Wed Jun 29, 07:29:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Sandra! So happy to see you here! :D
Tks so much for your lovely comment! So your daughter is also a Hello Kitty Fan! I supposed most little girls love Hello Kitty uh? Even adults too! I used to be one... LOL

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Wed Jun 29, 07:32:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Tina! Tks for loving my bentos! :D
How nice if we live near each other, so that I could make for your girls too! ^.^

Biren on Thu Jun 30, 01:43:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

You have a lovely bento collection. Hey, why don't you pack a few bentos and go enjoy it at the park with your girls. It would be fun :)

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Thu Jun 30, 02:57:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Biren! :D
Yeah, we do pack our own food and drinks whenever we go to the beach, parks (very seldom though) with my closest cousin with 5 kids(WOW!!!) but I won't make them into bentos coz my hubby and the girls will say that I'm crazy! Don't waste time, anyway the kids just grab whatever is there when they're hungry after playing. I got so angry and pissed by what they say every time! That's why I only prepare for the girls to bring to sch and the funny thing is, they'll never say I'm crazy for doing this! LOL

PinayinTexas on Fri Jul 01, 12:18:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Guess what! You got me so inspired to start bento-ing so I just ordered some basic bento tools online! Can't wait to get them! :)

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Fri Jul 01, 12:31:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh really! That's great Tina! :D
Now we've got one more topic to talk about! Can't wait to see your bentos! :D
Happy cooking, blogging and bento-ing! ^.^

walentyzaleski on Sat Mar 05, 05:09:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

The world of video gaming - drmcd
A look at the history of video gaming history: from the first to 광주광역 출장샵 the 안동 출장마사지 most 대구광역 출장안마 in the late 1980s, the Sega Genesis's 16-bit processor The Sega Saturn's 울산광역 출장마사지 Mega Drive 울산광역 출장안마 (Mega

ShareThis

Popular Posts

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected
 

•••ʿᶬˠ ᶩᶤᵗᵗᶥᵋ ᵐᵋˢˢᵞ ᴻ ᶜʱᵋᵋᵏᵞʾ••• Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei | web hosting