Saturday, April 30, 2011

Simple Easy Mac 'N' Cheese Recipe

Owner Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) SG ⌚ 11:37 PM
Today I'm sharing this very simple, easy and fast recipe of Mac 'N' Cheese. I'm using this recipe for my Cheesy Farm Animals Pasta Bento.
About one month back I saw one of my cousin's friend being tagged in a Macaroni Cheese photo. That certainly looks and sounds yummilious to me because I'm a SUPERB CHEESE LOVER since young!:D I asked for the recipe immediately and also went Google Searched. 
My Mom still remembered how much I loved eating cheese and I could eat just the slice of cheese alone w/o any breads to go with almost EVERYDAY!Now I seldom eat just the cheese alone but a MUST HAVE, at least one slice if I'm having breads in the morning.   
Cheesy Shells Pasta cooked on 20th March 2011.  Here I used the left-over Shells Pasta from my previous cooking.
   Ingredients For 4-6 Servings :
  • 1 Packet of Macaroni or Pastas you prefer 
  • 1 Packet of Bacon Strips (Cut about 2cm wide)
  • 1 Small Packet of Sausages (Sliced)
  • 1/2-1 Bottle of Thick Cream 
  • 1/2-1 Block of Yellow Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/2-1 Packet of Mozzarella Cheese/Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/2-1 Packet of Fresh Milk/2 Cans of Evaporated Milk (I prefer evaporated milk as it's nicer and richer in taste than the fresh milk I used-low fat milk)
  • 1 Big Red Onion (Sliced)-Optional 
   How To Cook :
  1. Cook Macaroni/Pastas as directed on packaging, drained, put under running tap water to cool it and set aside.
  2. Sautee bacon strips and sausages (sliced onions if you're adding) in a separate pan till browned, set aside.
  3. Boil thick cream in a pot under low heat. 
  4. Once there is bubbles shown, add in all the cheeses and keep stirring to melt them until smooth. (Still using low heat)
  5. Pour in fresh milk/evaporated milk and boil with high heat.
  6. Once boiled, lower down heat, add in Macaroni/Pastas, bacon strips and sausages.
  7. Stir to mix all well for 2-3mins and it's done!
  8. Put in the oven to bake few mins if you prefer the baked ones.
I'm waiting for my new conventional oven when we move to our new flat (my hubby finally agrees to buy for me :D) and I'll try out the baked Mac 'N' Cheese!;)
 

11 Foodies ➸:

Cooking Gallery on Sun May 01, 04:11:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

I love Mac and Cheese...:)! Thanks for sharing the recipe, this is a good idea for a quick, simple lunch :).

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sun May 01, 09:24:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

@CG : Glad that you like this recipe :D

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi,Your mac n cheese looks so yummy and You have a beautiful blog too.I am your newest follower.Hope you can check out mine and follow me too.Thanks.
all the best,
Marelie www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Mon May 02, 11:17:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Marelie, tks so much for your sweet comment and your support! Just visited your blog.. love all the recipes that you shared! :D

PinayinTexas on Tue May 03, 02:47:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Love your version of Mac & Cheese, Lyn! But I was kinda expecting it to be a bento one! LOL

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Tue May 03, 02:57:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Tina! Glad that you like this too! :D
Oh, I cooked this on a Sunday morning for my family so didn't think of decorating it... hee :P

pigpigscorner on Fri May 06, 05:51:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

How I wish my hubs would eat mac and cheese! Looks so yum!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Fri May 06, 07:56:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Ann(pigpigscorner)! Maybe u can try to add ingredients that he likes, add lesser cheese etc... just try to get him eat at least a spoonful! lol :P

Kitchen Belleicious on Sat May 07, 03:19:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

That looks so good and I know my son would chow down on that! Thanks so much for visiting the other day so glad you did so I could find your blog! I am your newest follower!

Oh and P.S.- I have a great giveaway today if you are interested!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sat May 07, 03:42:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Kitchen Belleicious, tks for dropping by and following! :D
Hope your son will like this Mac 'N' Cheese. :)
Tks for the invitation too! I'll drop over to check it out. Have a nice and enjoyable weekends! :D

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sun May 08, 10:04:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh really! Tks so much Tina! :D

ShareThis

Popular Posts

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected
 

•••ʿᶬˠ ᶩᶤᵗᵗᶥᵋ ᵐᵋˢˢᵞ ᴻ ᶜʱᵋᵋᵏᵞʾ••• Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei | web hosting