Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Paper Wrap Chicken Recipe

Owner Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) SG ⌚ 5:06 AM
Since I'm not making any bentos for the girls lately, I take this chance to try out those new recipes awaiting for me!:DOne of them is this Paper Wrap Chicken that I'm going to share with you today. I got this recipe from a monthly magazine that was mailed to my helper and it has got a section whereby they'll publish 'Recipe of The Month' and I presumed these recipes are from other helpers who wanna share out. 
Before I started on the recipe, let me share with you a Lunch Punch Giveaway from Alice (Angeleyes) of Bento Fun. Rules for participating are very simple so check it out in her blog if you're interested. Who knows, you may be the lucky winner... Of course I've already submitted mine!:D
Ok, now let's get down with the recipe.
This may look burnt but it's not... The greaseproof paper prevent the chicken from being burned and makes the marinade caramelizes onto the chicken.

    Ingredients For 4-6 Pax :
  • 500g Chicken Wings (About 10)
  • 10 Pieces of Greaseproof paper (18cm x 18cm)
  • Oil For Deep Frying
    Marinade :
  • 3 Tbsps Light Soya Sauce
  • 3 Tbsps Oyster Sauce
  • 2 Tbsps Sesame Oil
  • 2 Tbsps Chinese Cooking Wine (花雕酒)
  • 1 Tbsp Cornflour
  • 3 Tsps Sugar
  • Dash of White Pepper
    How To Cook :
  1. Marinate chicken and leave in fridge for 3-4 hrs. Stir again during half the marinating time to make sure all parts are well marinated.
  2. Take a piece of greaseproof paper, place one wing in the middle. Fold paper over the wing diagonally to form a large triangle. Fold in both side corners towards the center, then fold down the top corner and tuck it in securely under the two corner folds. Make sure the packets are well sealed so that no oil will seeps in.
  3. Using medium heat, deep-fry the chicken wings about 6 at a time so as not to overcrowd the wok, stirring occasionally until packets turn golden brown.
  4. Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot with rice.
I cooked this on 14th May, Saturday. All my family members like this new recipe of the chicken wings and requested me to cook again the next day! I dare not cook too much on first try as I'm afraid that it won't turn out nice and there'll be left-overs. 

19 Foodies ➸:

tinyskillet on Wed May 18, 05:44:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

I can't believe how pretty this looks coming out of the paper wrapper. It doesn't look burnt to me it looks fantastic! I am going to have to stop reading this post now, because it is making me too hungry. YUM!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Wed May 18, 06:27:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Lyndsey! Tks for your lovely comment! :D
On the left side of the chicken is black so it looks burnt! LOL

Chris's Gourmet Fashion on Wed May 18, 06:27:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

These chicken wings look great - I would have never thought that they would come out so nicely glazed after being cooked in paper - they get the glaze and don't dry out - what a great recipe. Thanks!

yummylittlecooks on Wed May 18, 07:44:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Even though it looks a little bit burnt(looks only),but the glaze speak out ,it's so yummy!

Teddy Bento on Wed May 18, 01:20:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for sharing. Ha... really must try this recipe.I'm hungry now!
:p

ann low on Wed May 18, 01:26:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

This chicken in wraps look so delicious and I must make this for my family one of these days.
Love your bentos too, very creative and cute :)

PinayinTexas on Wed May 18, 11:46:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Great recipe, Lyn! The chicken looks so juicy!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Thu May 19, 02:20:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

WOW! So happy to see so many nice, sweet comments! Tks ladies! :D

Cooking Gallery on Thu May 19, 03:05:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Looks super yummy...! I should probably stop making too much bento ;) and start making 'normal' food again ;).

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Thu May 19, 03:20:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks CG! :D
Maybe you can post both alternately (if u've the time.. hee..) coz we all love both your bentos and 'normal' food! :D
I showed my mom all your works earlier on and she kept going WOW! WOW! WOW! You're really good! ^.^

Nami | Just One Cookbook on Thu May 19, 03:21:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

This is such a cool way to cook chicken! You got my attention immediately. It's fun to see new method of cooking and I'm so glad to learn something new. :-) The chicken looks delish!!! Very nice work Lyn!

Food Glorious Food! on Thu May 19, 07:59:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

WOW! This is a classic! Used to love this made by my mom :) Thanks for the recipe!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Thu May 19, 10:00:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

@Nami--Tks for your lovely comment :D
Hope u'll like this dish! Do let me know if u found out a better ingredients/seasonings or method of cooking this! :D

@Food Glorious Food!--Tks and glad that u like this! :D

KEcker on Mon May 23, 03:11:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never seen this type of cooking. Looks delicious! I'm going to have to try this! I love learning all these new things from you! Thanks!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Mon May 23, 04:57:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi KEcker! This is indeed delicious! Maybe only to my family... LOL
Actually this dish is quite popular in SG and normally can find them in Chinese and Dim Sums Restaurants. Hope u like this too and me too love learning alot of new dishes/Japanese Food that I've always wanted to cook! :D

☺lani☺ on Sun May 29, 01:30:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

First time to see chicken wrapped in paper, interesting! The chicken looks tender and yummy!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sun May 29, 05:09:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Lani! :D
The chicken indeed is yummy! (For me.. hee) ^.^

Quay Po Cooks on Thu Sep 22, 06:41:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

It has been years I never had paper wrapped chicken. When we were staying in Ipoh Road, there is a coffee shop that is famous for this. So now with your recipe, no need to drive all the way that end to eat it. I will make this at home now. Hope they look as good and as yours. Well done my dear!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Fri Sep 23, 03:05:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

@Quay Po Cooks Tks Quay Po! ;D
Can't wait to see your paper wrapped chicken soon! Hope you and your family would like this recipe. I'm sure you can cook this better than me! ;)
Let me know when you cook this and pls don't be shy to tell me where I should improve on this recipe if there's any suggestions, I'll be more than happy to learn from any mistakes! ;)

Btw, maybe you'd like to check out one of my friend, Kay's re-creation of this recipe with teriyaki sauce here : Chinese Paper Wrapped Chicken made Japanese Style w/Teriyaki Sauce

ShareThis

Popular Posts

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected
 

•••ʿᶬˠ ᶩᶤᵗᵗᶥᵋ ᵐᵋˢˢᵞ ᴻ ᶜʱᵋᵋᵏᵞʾ••• Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei | web hosting