Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hello Kitty Pancake Bentos

Owner Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) SG ⌚ 7:47 PM
This is already the 3rd going to 4th week since school term starts. Finally I can start making bentos for the girls again after about 1mth of resting and there are so many new bento stuffs still unwrapped, waiting for me to try out on them!
This time I don't have to ask Messy what she wants for her bento, instead she told that she wanted french toast (AGAIN?). As I had already planned to make pancakes with the big Hello Kitty or Pooh Bear mold, I promised Messy that I'll make the french toast some other days. Lucky she wasn't unhappy about the change and in fact she was also very excited and happy to have a big Hello Kitty pancake!
Few days before sch term starts, I went to the supermarket to buy pancake mix. I don't have any particular brand that I prefer, I always like to try out different brands. Then I saw this interesting new brand whereby it comes in plastic bottle form, all you need to do is to add water to the water level indicated and shake for 1min. I find that very convenient, most importantly, so easy to mix the flour and water well. After finishing all the batter inside, I washed and kept the plastic bottle for future use. :thumbsup:
Photobucket
This is the fun 'Shake Shake' Pancake Mix I used

My Hello Kitty Mold from J-Mama & Baby
Messy's Hello Kitty Pancake with Honey Syrup in a small container
Cheeky's Hello Kitty Pancake with Honey Syrup in a small container
The girls are happy to see their Hello Kitty pancake and requested to have it again but maybe a different face of... Pooh Bear pancake? ;)
Hopefully I'm able to get more even tone of the pancakes the next time so that the Hello Kitty or Pooh Bear face don't look so ugly and patchy. :D
*I made these pancakes on 29th June 2011, the second day when school term starts. From now on, I only need to prepare bento for the girls twice a week because Messy says that her school's time-table has changed, making her school bag too heavy to even squeeze in a small bento box? /:)
Hopefully this is just teeempooorarrrry... Otherwise, all my bento gadgets will be collecting dust!:(

35 Foodies ➸:

ann low on Sun Jul 24, 12:57:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

I love Hello Kitty too! This is so cute and can have one :)

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sun Jul 24, 03:34:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Anncoo and sure, of coz you can! ^.^
I used to love Hello Kitty too but not as crazy as before now... lol

tinyskillet on Sun Jul 24, 04:59:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

So cute! I like it when kids know what they want...even if it's the same thing day after day :D My daughter eats almost everything now, but not when she was in grade school.

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sun Jul 24, 06:12:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Lyndsey! :D
Yeah, it's better this way so that we've a better idea of what to prepare for them rather than not knowing what they want and ended up they don't like/not eating what we make! lol
So glad to know and happy for you that your daughter eats almost everything now! Is it the power of making bentos for her? ;)
Have a great weekend! ^.^

Chris's Gourmet Fashion on Sun Jul 24, 01:39:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Great Hello Kitty, I'm sure your kid's loved this. Reminds me of how much my daughter loved her micky mouse pancakes when she was little :) Hope you are having a wonderful summer.

Jeno on Sun Jul 24, 02:31:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Lyn, I absolutely love the Hello Kitty pancake bento! It's now 1:30am and I am starting to get hungry, maybe pancakes for breakfast tomorrow? :)

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sun Jul 24, 06:21:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Chris! :D
Yes, my girls love them so much and kept going 'WOW! WOW!' the moment they saw their Hello Kitty pancakes! lol
Mickey Mouse pancakes must be very attractive! Maybe I should try making one too but w/o the mold though... :)
Hope you have a great weekend too! Enjoy! ^.^

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sun Jul 24, 06:24:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Jeno! Glad that you love this Hello Kitty pancakes! :D
I'm sure your girl would love to have some pancakes for breakfast! :)
Hope you are enjoying your weekend! ^.^

Journal Mommy Yenny on Mon Jul 25, 03:01:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

HI Lyn...sweet hello kitty pancake!
I do not yet make any figured pancake. I still have problem too in patchy results hahaha...perhaps someday, hopefully
But it's great that Messy knows what she wants for her box :p

PFx on Mon Jul 25, 08:46:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Such a cool mum, aren't you Lyn. Hahaha.
You know that little effort sticks forever. I still remember my mum handsewn my canvas-linen backpack when I was 3 in Korean childcare place. She sew a flower and an elephant. It's looks so cool to be slightly different than other kids with the same bag in class. (not that it's a manly thing, but I was too little to notice).
Surely your kiddo will remember this fondly.

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Tue Jul 26, 02:55:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks so much for your lovely comment Yenny! :D
Hope to see your cutie pancakes soon and I'm sure your kids will be very happy and asking for more! :D
Yeah, count myself lucky that both my girls know what they want most of the time bcoz there aren't really a lot of varieties they like in their boxes! Do you realize that most of their bentos are filled with almost the same kinda food every now & then? lol :P
That's why some times I feel that it's so difficult for me to have different 'themes'... anyway, that's alright, as long as they like & finish up everything, I'm already very happy! ^.^

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Tue Jul 26, 03:06:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks so much for your kind words Pierre!:D
What if they forgotten about all these in future? That's okay, never mind, bcoz I still have got this blog of ours! lol xD
Gosh! You still remember that when you're only 3yrs old!? Hmm... this shows that you're a person who appreciates, a filial son who loves his mom a lot and is very close to her...? :)

PinayinTexas on Tue Jul 26, 03:39:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

That's so cute, Lyn! Love Hello Kitty! May I ask where u got that mold from?

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Tue Jul 26, 04:32:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Tina! So glad you love these and I'm sure your girls love Hello Kitty Too! :D
I bought it from J-Mama & Baby. They've got lots of cute stuffs for bento making! :D
Here's the link: http://jmamababy2.blogspot.com/

Can't wait to see your first bento! ^.^

Teddy Bento on Tue Jul 26, 05:49:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Can I have the kitty pancake too ? So sweet.....

Kath (My Funny Little Life) on Fri Jul 29, 12:48:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Aw, this is such a cute pancake! I remember my school bag being completely stuffed with books almost every day, and when we also had sports or swimming lessons on a day, we had another bag, and it was really a lot to carry. :S I hope you'll be able to go on making bento for your girls on most days!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Fri Jul 29, 01:00:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Teddy Bento! :D
Of coz you can! ^.^

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Fri Jul 29, 01:07:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Kath! :D
Yeah I hope too! But Messy's bag is really very heavy and I feel so sad about it... :(
Whenever I send her to sch, I always wanted to carry her sch bag but she always tell me that it's alright, she'll carry it herself... I'm happy that she's so independent :)

Nami | Just One Cookbook on Fri Jul 29, 02:06:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

My daughter will envy this hallo kitty pancake!!! You are such a good mom making these special pancakes for the kids. I'm too lazy and always making just simple round pancakes. =P

Sandra on Sat Jul 30, 04:37:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Lyn your pancake is amazing..I think this breakfast is the winner for any girl! Thank you for sharing..I have to look for those:))

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sat Jul 30, 05:06:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

@Nami- You flattered me Nami! I used to make simple round pancakes for the girls too when I don't have the Hello Kitty Mold yet and frankly, I don't even cook after I'd my 2nd girl! We'd either eat out or at my Mom's place. Even if I cooked, it'd be the very simple and fast just-dump-whatever-I-can-find-in-my-fridge PORRIDGE! (Lucky my girls love it and I only cooked upon their request. Thinking back, I really feel so bad...) It's only after Cathy came about 1yr plus back then I started to cook everyday. Hee... :P
Hope you've a great weekend! ;)

@Sandra- Tks for your lovely comments! Yeah, Hello Kitty really wins over lots of girls' hearts! Not only young little girls, even adults too! lol :D
You can click on the J-Mama & Baby link to check it out. They've got lots of cute stuffs! ^.^

Hope you've a great weekend! ;)

Kiddothings on Sun Jul 31, 02:43:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

That's such a novel idea! Your kids will appreciate all the effort, I'm sure. I just saw that exact same pancake mix in Cold Storage here in KL and was quite taken by it but didn't buy. Prefer to do it the old fashion way.

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sun Jul 31, 06:29:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi mom2kiddos! Tks so much for your sweet comments! ;D
For me, I'm lazier, so will choose to use those more convenient ones... Hee... :P

Roxana | a trEATs affair on Mon Aug 01, 05:54:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

my daughter love Hello Kitty too. so cute!
Thanks for sharing and thank you for your sweet words on my guest post on Nami @ Just One Cookbook blog

Manuela on Tue Aug 02, 02:16:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

How adorable Lyn! We all love Hello Kitty!!! :-)))) You know? We have that pancake mix brand here in Australia too! :-))) I love your bentos... so, keep them coming!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Wed Aug 03, 06:27:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

You're most welcome Roxana! You really did it so well and all your posts are fantastic! ;D
Tks so much for your time visiting my blog and your sweet comments! ;)

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Wed Aug 03, 06:32:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks so much for your lovely sweet words Manu! ;D
You never fail to give your encouraging whenever you visit and I really appreciated it a lot! Tks! ;D
I'll try my best to posts as much as I can! I'm being 'attacked' by those lazy bugs lately! lol ;P

So have you try this brand of pancake mix? My girls love it! ^.^

myinnerchick.com on Wed Aug 24, 04:47:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

---This blog is sooooooo sweet :) & fun!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Wed Aug 24, 06:01:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Kim and so glad to know you and your fantastic blog! ;D
See ya around and have a nice day! ;)

Lia Chen on Wed Aug 24, 06:51:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Cute HK pancake for bento! Hope it just temporary situation for your girls because is nice to see your bento making :)

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Thu Aug 25, 12:08:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you so much Lia! Your lovely kind comment really make my day! Esp when it comes from a bentoist expert like you! ;D
Yeah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and had been asking my elder gal everyday if she wants any bento for the next day! lol

Alice Law on Fri Aug 26, 08:54:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

The pancake is so adorable!!! SUPER cute!

Just wonder how did u fry the pancake with the hello kitty mould, isn't it made of plastic, can it sustain the pan heat...lol, my otak tangled liao thinking of the method.

Wait, did u fry the pancake 1st thn mould with the cutter?!

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Sat Aug 27, 08:36:00 AM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

Tks Alice! I'm glad that you like this HK pancakes! :D

Yes, you're right! I cooked the pancakes 1st then use the mold to cut out the shape and printing of the facial features. :D

Biren on Fri Sep 02, 11:16:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

That is a very convenient pancake mix...just add water! You have the cutest bento stuff. I am sure your daughters' lunches are the envy of their friends :)

Lyñ (My Little Messy N Cheeky) on Fri Sep 02, 11:37:00 PM GMT+8 said... Best Blogger Tips

@Biren Tks Biren! ;D
Yeah, I do got nice feed backs from their friends and Trinke's teachers according to the gals. At times Trisia's friends do commented why are her bento so ugly today!? Trisia told them she'd to take away those food on top to be able to eat her rice that's why it's ugly now! lol

Actually most pre-mixed pancake packages are that convenient-just add water. ;)

ShareThis

Popular Posts

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected
 

•••ʿᶬˠ ᶩᶤᵗᵗᶥᵋ ᵐᵋˢˢᵞ ᴻ ᶜʱᵋᵋᵏᵞʾ••• Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei | web hosting